S2 Anti-Terrorism Officer Course – Copenhagen
Anti-Terrorism Officer Course
Copenhagen, Denmark | 9-13 November 2020
On 10-14 August 2020, the S2 Institute, in conjunction with the International Association of Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP) and Seccon Security & Consulting, will be presenting a five-day, 40-hour version of the S2 Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) Course in Nairobi, Kenya.
The S2/IACSP Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) Course is designed to prepare security and law enforcement professionals for assignments involving the protection of facilities against terrorist attack. This program provides a detailed exploration of contemporary terrorist methods and essential skills and knowledge that all anti-terrorism personnel should possess.
The information presented in this course reflects best practices in anti-terrorism, physical security, and emergency preparation as may be applied to a wide range of commercial and government facilities. The measures presented in this course are based on the instructor’s decades of experience in managing risks of terrorist violence, critical evaluation of hundreds of terrorist attacks, and analysis of methods for managing terrorism-related problems pioneered by organizations throughout the world.
Summary of topics include:
Introduction to Terrorism • Dynamics of Terrorist Attacks • Advanced IED Threat M.O. • Chem-Bio Terrorism • AT Countermeasures & Planning Concepts • Protective Counterintelligence/OPSEC • Physical Security and Access Control Planning • Blast Mitigation and Facility Design • Mail Security Planning • Bomb Threat Management • Suspect IED & VBIED Response • Post-Blast Response • Chem-Bio Attack Response
- Recognizing risks associated with contemporary terrorism including an in-depth understanding of contemporary terrorist modus operandi.
- Understanding technical characteristics of explosive events, CBRN weapons, IEMI threats, and ballistic weapons necessary for designing effective protective measures.
- Identifying security requirements essential to reducing terrorism-related risk.
- Assessing facility risks and utilizing risk management principles in anti-terrorism planning.
- Implementing Operations Security (OPSEC) and protective counterintelligence principles to impair terrorists’ ability to gather target intelligence.
- Designing and specifying physical security measures for effective performance against terrorist armed attack and IED delivery scenarios.
- Developing effective entry control measures for validating, screening, and searching entrants at facility and building entry points.
- Identifying hazardous devices, possible device components, and risks associated with hazardous devices.
- Designing and specifying protective measures and facility improvements for mitigation of projected charge weapon, IED, chem-bio, and IEMI attacks.
- Developing an effective mail screening and security program.
- Recognizing indications of terrorist attack or impending terrorist events.
- Developing a facility-level Incident Command System and designing effective infrastructure to support emergency response operations.
- Developing safe and effective procedures for responding to a full spectrum of terrorist attack scenarios.
Group enrollment discounts are available. Contact us for details.
Scandic Palace Hotel
Level 2 – Verified Security Professionals & Law Enforcement Only
40-Hrs/5 Days (8:00am to 5:00pm)
Security Professionals, Force Protection Officers, LE Professionals Assigned to Anti-Terrorism Activities
"In all of my travels and training, military and civilian, I rarely have the pleasure of encountering such professional instructors and presentations. The knowledge possessed and demonstrated by the instructor staff sets the bar for all civilian training agencies to follow…"
Advanced Training Section, U.S. SOCOM
“The instructor knew all the subjects like the back of his hand…A+++!"
SMSgt G. Enwright
Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, USAF
"The class met all of my expectations and even more."
National Bank of Romania
"I have had a few terrorism / anti-terrorism classes, but none have come close to the intensity and historical background as the S2 course. Your course is what every law enforcement officer should be taking."
U.S. Department of Treasury
"Really excellent. A lot of practical advice that one can use in one's everyday work. Excellent."
"I thought this course was very well done. The topics very relevant and up to date with what is currently going on. This is definitely a "must take" course for anyone dealing with physical security/anti-terrorism matters."
U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine
"Very interesting course! The in-depth instruction is very high and the knowledge of the instructor is amazing. I think this course is a must for even people already active in the spectrum."
The Swatch Group
"Very relevant and a must for security professionals in the emerging dynamic services. The program is targeted to address all of the major contemporary security issues globally."
Dr. A. Acidah
Nigeria LNG Limited
“Great stuff! Presentation was of high standard…I personally give thanks to S2 for the opportunity. Thank You!”
U.S. Customs Anti-Narcotic Unit
“I think this course is really excellent. I have been involved in AT matters for a number of years, however, I found many new and valuable insights.”
J. Dos Santos
IBM Pacific Asia
“The course is given in a very professional manner. Will highly recommend this course!”
Ministry of Justice, Netherlands
“The class is totally useful and helpful. The instructor is amazing...Perfect. One of the best courses I have ever taken in my professional career.”
Gen. M. Ebeid
American University in Cairo
“Excellent instruction. Very interesting course and professionally presented.”
Walt Disney Corporation
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and experienced. The course was well prepared and presented.”
“This course takes anti-terrorism theory and puts it in a practical perspective. I would rate it very high against the other anti-terrorism training I have had.”
U.S. DOJ, Federal Bureau of Prisons
“The best training I’ve ever had. Extraordinary trainer. Extremely important.”
“I wanted to congratulate and strongly encourage you to continue to raise the bar...my job responsibilities require continuous and active education and training and I must say that your ATO course is one, if not the best I have ever taken.”
A. Baez, M.D.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
"Mr. Gundry has to be one of the most knowledgable instructors on terrorism in the country. He lives and breathes anti-terrorism.”
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Dept.
"I found this course to be extremely informative and thorough...The course is excellent the way it's presented."
U.S. Dept of Defense
"The overall course was excellent. I would recommend other personnel within security and emergency services to take it."
U.S. Department of State