Anti-Terrorism Officer Course
Webinar Program 29 Nov. - 10 Dec. 2020
On 29 November-10 December 2020, the S2 Institute, in conjunction with the International Association of Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP), will be presenting a special 2-week webinar edition of the 40-hour S2 Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) Course using the Zoom web conferencing system.
This special course will be conducted over the two-week period, Sundays-Thursdays, according to the following daily time schedule:
| US EST
The S2/IACSP Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) Course is designed to prepare security and law enforcement professionals for assignments involving the protection of facilities against terrorist attack. This program provides a detailed exploration of contemporary terrorist methods and essential skills and knowledge that all anti-terrorism personnel should possess.
Introduction to Terrorism • Dynamics of Terrorist Attacks • Advanced IED Threat M.O. • Chem-Bio Terrorism • AT Countermeasures & Planning Concepts • Protective Counterintelligence/OPSEC • Physical Security and Access Control Planning • Blast Mitigation and Facility Design • Mail Security Planning • Bomb Threat Management • Suspect IED & VBIED Response • Post-Blast Response • Chem-Bio Attack Response
Course Schedule & Outline
To view a complete schedule of events and program outline, click here to download the course information packet (Adobe PDF).
What is included?
In addition to 40-hours of instruction, all students attending the S2/IACSP Anti-Terrorism Officer Course will receive the following items:
- Certificate of Completion suitable for framing
- Course notebook PDF including over 250 pages of slides and reference material
- Digital library archive including security assessment tools and calculators and over 20,000 pages of reference documents related to course topics.
- 1-Year Membership in the International Association of Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP), including one-year subscription to Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International magazine. (Existing IACSP members will receive one-year renewal of membership)
- 1-Year Membership in the International Association of Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP), including one-year subscription to Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International magazine. Existing IACSP members will receive one-year renewal of membership)
- Application Fee Waiver for the IACSP Certified Anti-Terrorism Officer (cATO)
certification (US$30 value)
“The instructor knew all the subjects like the back of his hand…A+++!”
||SMSgt G. Enwright
Office of the Secretary of the Air Force
“The instructor was a true professional, and very knowledgeable on the course material. The instructor presented an outstanding class...If I can get this course material to all of our personnel, it will pay off 10-fold.”
||GSgt I. Taylor
“Met and exceeded all of my expectations…no shortcuts during the delivery of the lectures. The instructor should be the standard by which all instructors should be judged.”
Embassy of Trinidad & Tobago
“From the very beginning of the course, it was apparent that Mr. Gundry was highly educated and very experienced in the subject matter he was presenting. This gave him credibility and ease in delivery. The thorough and deliberate coverage of the terrorist mindset, methodologies, and information requirements in the first half of the program made the second half of the program more relevant.”
||Capt. H. Hall
“Your teaching of the ATO class was something unbelievable. Your knowledge of sooooo many facts and figures was almost overwhelming. Amazing. I am not blowing smoke up your butt, I am simply telling it like it is! Outstanding!”
Author, The Counter-Terrorist
Click here to view more comments from students that have attended this program.